Friday, May 4, 2007

Two Surprises Before 8 AM

Surprise #1: I awoke ravenous. All I consumed yesterday was a Starbuck’s Cranberry Orange Scone and two mini-Luna bars. That’s it. All day. I forget to eat sometimes. Scavenging around the kitchen for something to eat for breakfast I found leftover rice and lentils, a dried up orange, and salad fixings. None of which was appealing. Waaayyyy in the back of my refrigerator I discovered a box of Bisquick, purchased sometime last year to make homemade shortcakes for strawberries. I checked the expiration date: February 2007. What the heck? Baking Soda surely can last through an extra two months. Pancakes!! I had an egg, but no milk. What to do? I know… 1 part water, 1 part Half & Half. Presto! Milk! I started to make the recipe and thought, what else can I put in here? I remembered I had some fresh, frozen cranberries in the freezer… I threw some of those in. As the pancakes started to cook in the frying pan, the little frozen cranberries began to pop… little red fireworks happenin’ right in my kitchen.

Life. One damn gift after another…

 

Surprise #2: I finally opened and played a new cd I received as a gift this week. And I gotta tell ya’, the only way I would have ever heard this music is to receive it as a gift. Kanye West. That’s right. Doire’s listening to Kanye. But that’s not the surprise. The surprise is- I like it! Couldn’t help but dance.

 

I wanna share candy and stuff…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

. As the pancakes started to cook in the frying pan, the little frozen cranberries began to pop… little red fireworks happenin’ right in my kitchen.

Life. One damn gift after another…




You, my Dear,..are what we used to call "a card!!"  ; )

Anonymous said...

Ha!!  And I am thoroughly enjoying reading your comments as well! Thank you.