Thursday, May 10, 2007

Reasons to Celebrate

#10: The last three issues of Vanity Fair have featured covers depicting Brad Pitt (April), Leonardo DiCaprio (May) and Bruce Willis (June).

 

#9: Rumor has it that Joni Mitchell has been busy in the studio and is about to release a CD of brand new songs about war and peace. The CD will either be titled “If,” or "Fife and Drum,” (according to my sources).

 

#8: The long awaited fourth installment of the Die Hard series will be released this summer. Live Free or Die starring Bruce Willis as John MacLane will not disappoint as long as it is just a little bit better than Die Harder (#2 in the series).

 

#7: Bob Dylan and his band have not YET completed the announcement of summer tour dates, so perhaps there is still a chance that Dylan will be somewhere near Charleston… and I will get to kiss him.

 

#6: This month there will be a blue moon. The second full moon, which occurs in the same month, is a blue moon. I’m thinking of throwing a party and serving Blue Nun and Moon Pies.

 

#5: On Queen Elizabeth II’s recent visit to the White House, President Bush was only mildly embarrassing, dating America’s BI-centennial in 1776 and referring to the Queen inappropriately as his mother.

 

#4: Roger Clemons is returning to baseball. OK. Yes, I know he’s going back to the Yankees, but I do not consider The Rocket to be a traitor to the Sox (unlike Demon Damon). He is phenomenal. He is The Rocket. And it is always a joy to watch him pitch.

 

#3: It is May in Charleston and the beach beckons.

 

#2: Tropical storm Andrea was gentle and kind.

 

#1: I am alive. And life is good.

 

Post a comment! Tell me something you're celebrating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those Vanity Fair covers were lovely, weren't they? First of all, I enjoyed the, er, artistry of them... Secondly, it's nice to see a MALE on the cover- consecutively, no less!

Reasons to celebrate for me:
1. My son is different. He's teaching me to see the world in new and wonderous ways.

2. I LOVE school and school loves me.

3. The British teacher in Sudan was released.

4. Even though life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, I'm going to be okay.